Recipes from Dominican Republic and the U.S. have been selected.
CFE is pleased to announce the following six finalists in the 2014 Salt fish Recipe Contest. They are listed in alphabetical order.
- Creative Cod Quiche by; Frances Benthin of Albany, OR
- Lenten Saltfish by; Alicia Collazo of Santo Domingo, RD
- Saltfish in Beer w/ Jalapeño & Pimento Marmalade by; Magdalena Hichez of Santo Domingo, RD
- Jiminian’s Saltfish Cakes by; Mayra Jiminian of Santo Domingo, DR
- Crispy Saltfish Eggrolls w/ Sweet & Spicy Sauce by; Chera Little of Austin, TX
- Eggplant Stuffed with Saltfish by; Elaine Mena de Santo Domingo, RD
These six recipes will be prepared by a professional executive chef and will be reviewed by our panel of saltfish experts.
CFE will announce the winner on June 27, 2014.
Our thanks to everyone who participated in the competition this year, CFE greatly values â€‹â€‹your loyalty to our family of brands of salted fish.
We were impressed by the variety of recipes that were submitted and it was not an easy decision to select the six finalists. Please check back soon to see which recipe will be chosen as the $1000.00 USD grand prize winner of the 2014 CFE Saltfish Contest!